Fakaalofa lahi atu –
It is the second day of my Niue daily studies.
Here are today’s words and grammar points…
1. Logona – To hear; to sense correctly; to understand
2. Vagahau – To speak
3. Totou – To read
4. Tohi – To write
5. Niue – Behold the coconut! (also the name of the island itself ;))
1. There is one official article: “ko e“, which is used as both the indefinite and definite article (the, a/an). However, an abbreviation of “taha – one”, “ha” is used for the indefinite article (a/an) sometimes..
2. Proper names take “ko” before them in the nominative case.
3. With the conjunction, “mo – and”, “ko” is dropped.
See, even with grammar you are learning some vocabulary!
As the amount of vocabulary builds, I plan to try to create some sentences for practice as well!
P.S. — Can you figure out what the title of my blog means? ;)